We all want to have flawless, beautiful skin, don’t we? While taking good care of your skin is one of the best ways to look young at any age, as you get older your skin will inevitably lose its natural glow and elasticity. Luckily, with the right process you can give your skin a new life and look younger again.
Rejuvenating your skin doesn’t necessarily mean going through expensive treatments and surgeries. By regularly following a few simple procedures your skin can look brighter and toned, and also appear youthful. Here are some of the best tips for rejuvenating your skin at home.
Tips for Skin Rejuvenation
Cleanse your face
Use a cleanser that is soap free as soap tends to dry out the skin. It’s important that you know your skin type before opting for any skin care product. Use a product that suits your skin perfectly.
Exfoliation should be done after cleansing. Exfoliating removes dead cells, debris and dirt, so that they can be replaced with new cells. However, make sure that you don’t overdo it.
Moisturize your face after exfoliation, when the skin is still wet. Use a moisturizer which contains aloe vera and other natural anti-oxidant extracts,as it is good. Apply the moisturizer and massage well to tone the facial muscles and to bring essential nutrients to your skin’s surface.
Protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Make sure you apply sunscreen with SPF of 15.
Your skin will be naturally beautiful if you eat healthy and take care of your body.
- Eat foods that contain antioxidants which help the skin to renew and repair.
- Vitamins A, C, B, E and minerals like selenium, copper and zinc assist skin rejuvenation from inside.
- Eat apples, tomatoes, pomegranates, blueberries, strawberries, acai, raspberry, carrots, and broccoli.
- If you are a non-vegetarian, eat many oily fish which are considered rich in omega-3.
- Eat pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and other nuts.
- Stay away from sugar, fried foods, and fast foods.
Certain essential oils also help in skin rejuvenation, especially in the long- term.
- Evening primrose oil is the best anti-aging product. The oil is rich in an essential fatty acid called GLA (gamma-linolenic acid), and it is known to have wonderful healing powers.
- Palmarosa essential oil is valuable oil in skin care that is known to improve the skin which has been damaged by prolonged sun exposure.
Other essential oils which help in skin rejuvenation are rose oil, frankincense oil, myrrh oil, and rosemary oil. These essential oils should be sparingly used and not applied directly onto the skin. Other herbal oils which benefit the skin are coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, almond oil.
Other Rejuvenating Tips
- Skin should be treated on regular basis.
- Keep your skin healthy and soft by drinking lots of water.
- Get enough sleep. When you sleep, your cells undergo a process of repair.
- Reduce your stress level. It will benefit your overall health.
- Go for a walk in nature. Fresh air and exercise will make you feel good and your skin will appear fresher.
The most important tip is to have a positive and young attitude. If you feel old, you will act old and you will look even older. Therefore, keep reminding your brain of how young you still are.
About the Author:
Sonam is a beauty blogger and owns www.beautytipsandideas.com. She loves to share her own experiences and tips with others through various blogs and websites.