Keeping kids entertained when they are at home is sometimes a challenge. They are often bored unless they have an electronic device in their hands. Holiday time is even more of a challenge as kids are at home, bored, and underfoot. Here is a list of things to do with kids at Easter that will keep them entertained and busy.
1. Make a Craft – Kids love to make crafts. Keep them entertained by making some Easter crafts. One such craft could be dyeing eggs for Easter. You can use food coloring or even natural foods such as beets or saffron threads for coloring them.
2. Visit the Zoo – Kids and animals mix well. You could spend a day at your local zoo. They will certainly enjoy the fresh air. Take along some snacks to cut down on the expense of buying food.
3. Have a Picnic – During Easter week, plan a picnic. Keep the kids busy with helping you to plan and make the food that you will be eating while on your picnic. You can teach them about safe food handling and healthy snacks choices while doing so.
4. Take Part in Community Events – Some communities put on various activities for the Easter holiday. There may be an Easter parade or perhaps an egg hunt in your community. Check your local community center to see if there is anything scheduled.
5. Visit the Local Library – Your local library may have Easter events scheduled. Check to see if there is an Easter themed book club/reading event or even a puppet show. Small children love story time at the library and they have a chance to meet new friends and socialize.
These are just a few things to keep your kids happy and entertained during Easter. It is also a time to reflect on the miracle of Easter and the bible. Some families attend church during Easter and this could be another thing that you can do with your family.
How will you be spending Easter?
Check out these great posts with an Easter theme posted in the past here at Imperfect Women:
Defending the Commercialization of Easter – God wants happy children on Easter Sunday. Hunting for candy-filled plastic eggs and 15 oz. of chocolate shaped like a bunny make for happy children. I don’t think we should forget worship, but I do think good children who stick out the church service, because it IS long and loud, should get a wonderful reward!
Dressing Up Your Home For Easter – It’s spring, and the decorations play up the lightness, hopefulness and newborn beauty of the season.
Happy Easter! – Easy Bunny Cupcakes – For some yummy Easter fun make these Easter Bunny cupcakes.
Pam Buttikofer is a co-founder of Imperfect Women. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband of 36 years and enjoys spending time with her husband, sons and her lovable pups.