Disclosure: I received this product for free to review. The opinions in this review are honest and my own.
Content! Satisfied! Thrilled! Ecstatic! Am I being over-dramatic? I don’t think so. As my husband can attest to, I am always looking for a great vacuum that will meet my needs and the needs of my household. After using the Shark Rocket Ultra-Lightweight Vacuum, I am positive that I have found what I need to keep my house clean and keep my sanity.
Although my kids are grown, I do have dogs and they manage to shed a great deal all over my house. Floors, furniture, beds…you name it. Keeping up with dog hair can be hard at times, especially as we get older. It is hard lugging out a heavy vacuum every day and pulling it around the house.
When I first opened the box, there seemed to be so many parts. My husband wasn’t home and I thought I would not be able to figure it out and put it together. I was very wrong. This is the easiest vacuum to assemble and change out attachments that I have ever used. It literally is just a one click deal and took me less than five minutes. What else did I love about this vacuum? Let me share:
- The vacuum is under 8 lbs so it makes it easy for almost everyone to transport up a flight of stairs or just carrying it to different area of the house.
- It has a really, really long cord. I had to use an extension cord on the vacuum I was using and I still had to stop all the time because I would dislodge the cord from the outlet. Not anymore. This one is around 30 feet long and it goes forever!
- This is so powerful! It works really well on all surfaces (I have hardwood, stone and carpet) and I can see why they call it the “Rocket.” It propels like a rocket across the floor.
- It cleans all surfaces at all different heights and locations including your walls, ceilings, furniture, window coverings and car! I was also able to get under all of our beds with ease.
- There are several different tools that work wonders on getting pet hair off of furniture. Yes my lovable pups, I am looking at you. Both of you ( Wrigley, you know darn well that you shed too).
- Very easy to empty the dust cup and the washable filters make it easy to maintain.
- It is a breeze to steer with its swivel head and very easy to store.
- Maybe the best part about it is its affordable price. Right now you can find it on the internet for around $170. That doesn’t even come close to other similar vacuums on the market.
It did a great job on both my carpets and hardwood floors. The dust away attachment on the right is for hard floors of any type and comes with a reusable microfiber pad that you can just throw in the wash machine.
It comes with a Dusting Brush, Pet/Upholstery Tool and a Crevice Tool and a heavy black canvas bag to store them in.
The strong powerful suction gets all of the dog hair off the floors and the furniture. There are no bags involved so you eliminate that expense. It is one step emptying with a click of a button and no need to remove a dust cup. How easy is that! The advanced cyclonic technology separates the fine dirt from the air and prevents the filter from clogging and keeps the suction power strong from the first use to the last room. The filter just needs to be rinsed monthly.
With a simple click of the orange button, you can detach the power unit and store it on the base of the unit. You also have the option of hanging it on a wall by installing a wall mount provided.
The Rocket® vacuum is a powerful 2-in-1 vacuum. As a stick vacuum, it performs as an upright. As a handheld, it takes you around your house, and with its attachments, it takes you beyond! I much prefer this to my heavy upright vacuum that I have now and I don’t anticipate every using that again.
Pam Buttikofer is a co-founder of Imperfect Women. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband of 37 years and enjoys spending time with her husband, sons and her lovable pups.