The days are getting shorter and temperatures are getting cooler. Although we will miss warm weather (and warm weather clothes), fall is blowing in some new looks in addition to a change in weather. Here are some of the must-have accessories to add to your wardrobe this fall.
- Skinny belts – If you don’t have at least one skinny belt in your closet yet, consider getting one this fall! Whether plain black, animal print, or some bright color, skinny belts are getting lots of attention on the fashion scene. Pair yours with a cute skirt or a sweater dress — yes, those are in style, too! In many outfits, it is the belt that puts on the finishing touch, so don’t forget this important accessory!
- Long gloves – Gloves are for more than just keeping your hands warm this fall. Stylish long gloves — to the elbow or longer — are one of the hot styles this fall. Pair leather gloves with a cute skirt, vest, and a short-sleeved blouse, or save money with a pair of long knit gloves. Don’t feel like you have to be wearing an evening gown to pull it off, either — gloves are being worn with all sorts of outfits this fall.
- Hats – There was a time when no young lady would consider going to town without a hat and gloves. While we are hardly returning to those times, hats have acquired a truly modern appeal. Wool fedora hats are popular for women this fall, for example, especially when paired with a stylish coat and take-charge boots. Soften this funky, masculine look with a double dose of femininity: red lipstick and diamond earrings, for example.
- Funky jewelry – Chunky, attention-getting jewelry is still popular this fall, just as it has been all year. For example, chunky necklaces, bracelets, and diamond watches are the height of fashion for women. Off-center necklaces (necklaces with a pendant that is, you guessed it, off-center) are also taking hold. In Europe, signet rings (worn on the pinky finger) are the hottest fashion for men, and the trend is sure to cross the pond before too long.
- Ankle boots – Boots in all shapes and sizes are hot this fall, but especially ankle boots! A well-chosen pair of boots is a versatile addition to your wardrobe, because they can be worn with so many different outfits. Whether you pair them with a short skirt, tuck skinny jeans into the tops or wear them over tights, ankle boots are sexy and boldly feminine.
To characterize fall fashion in just a few words: it is becoming bolder than ever. Colors are bright, styles are groundbreaking, and jewelry and other accessories complete every fashion statement made this fall! What accessories have you added to your wardrobe this fall, and which new trends are your favorites?
Kara Taylor has been in the fashion industry for more than 10 years. She is also a freelance writer for a company that specializes in diamond watches. When she is not working or writing, Kara loves to travel and check out the trends around the world.