It is that time of the year! Eggs, eggs, everywhere. Bring on the eggs! We boil a ton of eggs to make sure that we have enough perfect eggs to dye or decorate for Easter and then we ask ourselves – “what am I going to do with all of these eggs?”
Our family favorite is this loaded deviled eggs recipe. If you are hosting an Easter dinner, these deviled eggs are something you can make ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to use. If you are a guest at a family or friend’s home for Easter dinner and asked to bring a dish, these eggs will be the hit of the party! Loaded with cheese, bacon and chives, these hard boiled eggs are easily turned into devilishly good deviled eggs. Put a platter out at a party and they disappear like crazy. Guests also love them because they don’t need utensils to devour them.
Loaded Deviled Eggs
(Makes 24 halves)
12 large eggs (hard-boiled, cooled & halved)
6 slices bacon (cooked crisp & crumbled)
2 teaspoons fresh chives
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup buttermilk
1. Transfer egg yolks from halves to mixing bowl & combine with remaining ingredients.
2. Add the buttermilk last & use more as needed to reach desired smoothness.
3. Spoon yolk mixture into halves. The bulk will have grown substantially, so pile it high & “dust” with a sprinkle of paprika.
- 12 large eggs (hard-boiled, cooled & halved)
- 6 slices bacon (cooked crisp & crumbled)
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- Transfer egg yolks from halves to mixing bowl & combine with remaining ingredients.
- Add the buttermilk last & use more as needed to reach desired smoothness.
- Spoon yolk mixture into halves. The bulk will have grown substantially, so pile it high & “dust” with a sprinkle of paprika.
You will want to make sure you make enough for leftovers. These delicious bacon and egg flavors are fabulous the day after with toast and coffee. This loaded deviled eggs recipe isn’t just for Easter. Deviled eggs go well at Thanksgiving, Christmas and for summer picnics.
Do you make deviled eggs for holiday meals? If so, what ingredients make your eggs family favorites?
More Recipes for the Easter Holiday
- Easter Petit Fours
- Easter Cupcake Chicks
- Express Stuffed Mushrooms
- Easy Potato and Dill Frittata
- Easy Bunny Cupcakes
- Smoked Sausage Potatoes Au Gratin
- Sage’s Old Settler’s Baked Beans