The bottom line is that when you purchase an ENERGY STAR® washer and dryer you can feel great about your purchase because you are saving money, protecting the planet and giving your clothes a chance to hang around longer in your closet.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
I read somewhere that the average mother spends at least 5 months of her life doing laundry. Yikes! One thing I know for sure is that whether you have a large family or are a single person, you can not escape it. It also doesn’t matter what season of the year it is, we like to work and play hard and that creates loads and loads of laundry. Thankfully, Best Buy is there to help us select ENERGY STAR® washers and dryers that are better for our clothes, better for our families, and better for the environment.
Why ENERGY STAR® ?
- Money Saved ~ ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers and dryers save energy, which means that you will save on energy bills. We can all use some help in that area.Save $490 over the lifetime of an ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer and even more with an ENERGY STAR washer/dryer pair.
- Better for the environment ~ Protecting the environment is so important and ENERGY STAR certified washers and dryers help protect the climate, which means that your kids and the planet will benefit for years to come. ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers and dryers are 25% and 20% more efficient, respectively, than standard models.
- Safer for your clothes ~ ENERGY STAR clothes washers use a variety of sophisticated cleaning methods that are gentler on your clothes, while ENERGY STAR clothes dryers use less heat and sensor drying which reduces wear and tear on clothes from over drying. Clothes washers and dryers that have earned the ENERGY STAR deliver superior efficiency and performance by incorporating advanced features.
Here is a little more information to help you figure out what the best solution is for your family when it comes to laundry:
ENERGY STAR Washers
- Front or Top-Load – ENERGY STAR washers are available in either front-load or redesigned top-load configurations.
- There is no central agitator – Front-load machines tumble clothes through a small amount of water instead of rubbing clothes against an agitator, while advanced top-load machines lift and tumble clothes through a reduced stream of water. Both designs dramatically reduce the amount of hot water and energy used in the wash cycle.
- High spin speeds – Efficient motors spin clothes two to three times faster to extract more water. Less moisture in the clothes means less time in the dryer and less energy spent drying clothes.
- Your clothes have a longer life – Sophisticated wash systems use a variety of methods to lift and tumble your laundry, lengthening the life of often-washed items. Additionally, because they are so gentle, many models can safely clean silk, wool and other hand-washables.
ENERGY STAR Dryers
- Low Heat Setting – Longer drying cycles on a low heat setting use less energy. When you purchase an ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryer, look for the cycle that uses the least amount of energy, sometimes known as the “energy-saving” selection.
- Steam Cycles– Many ENERGY STAR dryers also include convenient features, such as a steam cycle that can help save time on ironing clothes by preventing wrinkles.
The bottom line is that when you purchase an ENERGY STAR washer and dryer you can feel great about your purchase because you are saving money, protecting the planet and giving your clothes a chance to hang around longer in your closet.
You can learn more about the ENERGY STAR Washers and Dryers on the Best Buy blog by clicking here. There is a cute video to watch too!