It is almost Halloween and for many parents the most frightening thing about Halloween is the thought of how much candy their child will eat. Are you looking for a delicious and easy treat for the kiddos this Halloween but something that is also healthy? Make sure you give these Mandarin Pumpkins and Banana Ghosts treats a try. They are simple and quick to make and naturally sweet and delicious.
1 cup of chocolate chips
- Cut the bananas in half (after they are peeled).
- Insert each chocolate chip where desired onto the banana.
- Enjoy watching the ghost slip n’ slide around the plate and into your mouth.
5-6 Mandarin Oranges
2-3 Flexible Green Straws
- Peel apart the Mandarin Oranges and lay on a plate of your choice.
- Cut apart the flexible green straws about 1 inch long.
- Stick the green straw piece into the center of the mandarin orange.
- These make a fun centerpiece for when Halloween comes around. Little ones especially love this healthy treat, but big people love them too!
These treats are a nontraditional healthy way to enjoy a Halloween treat. If you are hosting a Halloween party, these would make a wonderful addition to your menu and are kid-friendly snack you can feel good about serving.