By Evan Fischer
If you’re looking for the right gift for Mr. Right, then you’ve probably been to just about every golf store and electronics department in your area. And you may have discovered that shopping for dudes is difficult! There are so many electronic devices to choose from and they all look the same. So if that special man in your life just won’t give you a hint about what he might want this holiday season, here are a couple of gift ideas that are sure to knock his socks off (and you can replace them with a pair of SmartWool socks or slippers in his stocking).
- Tablet. Forget the iPad, which will set you back a minimum of five hundred smackers, and opt instead for the new-and-improved Kindle Fire for just $199. It won’t do everything the iPad can, but your guy can get books, music, and movies via Wi-Fi and store it all on the Amazon’s cloud network (5GB comes free with the Kindle and every additional GB of storage space is $1 per year).
- Watch. Men get so few accessories that it couldn’t hurt to have more than one watch. At the very least he should have a durable one for everyday use and a fancy one for special occasions, so if he’s missing one or both of these in his wardrobe, consider filling in the blanks. It’s often the job of a woman to make sure that her man looks presentable (hey, most of them just need a little push in the right direction), so don’t hesitate to spiff him up with a new timepiece.
- Wallet. You can certainly go with the standard black leather number, but there are a few options on the market that come with a little something extra. The Rogue Wallet, for example, is curved to fit in a front pocket so your guy doesn’t have to sit on his money anymore. And the Slimmy Wallet is touted as sporting the slimmest profile on the planet.
- Lingerie. Is it a gift for you or for him? The answer is – both! Every love life can use a little spice now and then, and you know that guys like the wrapping just as much as the present. So wrap yourself in some slinky new lingerie and put yourself under the tree (bow and all). Don’t let him forget that your relationship is the gift that keeps on giving!
- A new car! It’s not like you need to start looking for exotic sports cars or day cab semi trucks for sale. But if your man is in need of a new car, you should definitely consider taking advantage of seasonal sales (and lots that are blowing out last year’s models) to secure the new vehicle your man needs. Keep in mind that there are a lot of green options on the market these days that come with a wide range of options (and pricing). So take a peek at the Honda Civic Natural Gas (which just won Green Car Journal’s Green Car of the Year award for 2012), Audi’s line of diesel vehicles (exemplary power and handling with amazing mileage), or one of the many fully electric and plug-in hybrid cars that can net you government rebates.
About the Author
Evan Fischer is a freelance writer and part-time student at California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, California