Romantic comedies are good for the soul and we find that a little escapism never did anyone any harm. Author Carmen Falcone shares a few of her favorites that will be great for a night of reveling in the past.
1. Trainwreck – How can we resist Amy Schumer? And how can we resist a flawed, troubled leading lady? I laughed out loud while watching this one, but the best of all—when it ended, I was hopeful. Well, hopeful that the rest of the audience wouldn’t throw sharp objects at me for laughing (snorting too) so loud during the movie.
2. Hitch – A guy who got his heart broken when he was a teen now helps awkward men to get the girl they want. There was so much chemistry between Will Smith and Eva Mendes. And the fact she worked for a celebrity tabloid? Guilty pleasure at its finest.
3. Lars and the Real Girl – Ryan Gosling. His name alone should be enough for you to click frantically on Netflix or buy the DVD on Amazon immediately. If they are not, well, how about this… Lars orders a life-size doll from the Internet and starts treating her like a human being. She’s his girlfriend (I never thought I’d say this you guys, but I was jealous of a mannequin), and the whole town starts to behave like she’s alive. They do this to help Lars come to terms with his own issues. This movie is poignant, sweet, and funny.
4. As Good as it Gets – In a world of overwhelming political correctness, Melvin Udall (Jack Nicholson) is the devil. He’s also an OCD writer of romance novels whose life changes when he has to pet sit his neighbor’s dog, and also go on a trip with his favorite waitress (the lovely Helen Hunt). A must.
5. Pretty Woman – “I want the fairy tale.” Remember that line? Who cares if you watched this movie countless times in the last two decades? Much like Rodeo Drive, Pretty Woman is a classic. And, to us mortals, a lot more affordable. 🙂
How about you? What are some of your favorite romantic comedies?
Carmen Falcone writes sexy, edgy, emotional romance. She has two kids, three dogs, and one amazing long-suffering husband. She’s addicted to chocolate, happy endings and Ryan Gosling. Her latest romance, A Weekend of Misbehaving, is funny, sexy, and features a plus-size heroine who doesn’t hold back. For more info, please visit her website carmenfalcone.com, friend her on Facebook or follow her on Twitter.
Make sure you check out Carmen’s latest romance, A Weekend of Misbehaving.
About A WEEKEND OF MISBEHAVING:
Art dealer Lorenzo Baldi will lose everything if his anarchist father’s paintings are revealed to the art world. He’s determined to persuade the paintings’ eccentric owner to sell them to him. To do that, he’ll have to blackmail his daughter’s nanny—a woman with the sexy curves of a Botticelli masterpiece—into being his fake fiancé. The gorgeous island of Capri inspires some major misbehaving, but Lorenzo drops one more bomb that will change everything.
Purchase A Weekend of Misbehaving