Spring is almost here! With spring comes the promise of warm weather, fresh flowers, and our favorite…a new spring wardrobe! We are most looking forward to trying some new spring dress styles out. From interesting materials to exciting new colors, the trends this year are bright, beautiful, and bold! Here are the best, bold spring dress trends you need in your closet.
1. Jeweled/Beaded Dresses. Jewels and beads are popping up everywhere on dresses. They were once reserved for formal prom dresses, but in 2014 dressmakers are proving that jewels and beads can also be used to create a funky, unique dress for even casual spring events. Choose a shorter dress with a beaded waistline and neckline for a unique, tribal effect. Pair with chunky bangles, earrings, and necklaces for heightened effect.
2. Two-Piece Dresses. Two-piece dresses are given skirts a run for their money. This unique trend is popping up everywhere from sexy cocktail dresses to even 2014 prom dresses. They allow women to be a bit bold and daring with showing just a little bit of skin. It’s definitely more unique than the traditional leg slits or cut-off shoulder trends. Choose a formal dress with approximately 1-2 inches cut out for the perfect blend between sexy and sophisticated.
3. Orange. It seems like every year there is one specific color that stands out from the crowd when it comes to dresses. 2014 is gearing up to be the year for orange. Orange is a great color because it is bright and attention-grabbing. Many women shy away from wearing orange because it can be so bright. The key to making this color trend work is to wear it with minimal jewelry, makeup, and other colors. Orange pairs well with silver and crystals. Strive to wear an orange dress with silver heels and jewelry such as Swarovski crystals. You’ll look both bold and elegant at the same time!
4. Metallic. If you’re not quite feeling the orange trend, perhaps you’d like to try a metallic dress. Dresses in colors such as chrome, metallic blue, metallic pink, copper, gold, and my personal favorite, rainbow metallic, are making a big splash this spring. These colors help create the perfect balance of sexy and chic. Metallic dresses look best with dark heels and jewelry that helps to create a contrast. These dresses are ideal for a night out especially at a casino.
5. Tulle. Tulle is a word you hear the most frequently when shopping for prom dresses. However, tulle is starting to appear more and more on shorter, less formal dresses. Short dresses with tulle appear to have a flared out tutu skirt. This creates a dress that is perfectly fun and flirty. A knee-length tulle dress is perfect for a wedding or party.
Which bold spring dress trends are you most excited to try? Are there any special spring occasions that you are in the process of dress shopping for? Leave a comment letting us know your thoughts!