Physical exercise or workout is the activity performed by the body to improve health and overall fitness of the body. It helps in losing weight, strengthening muscles and maintaining a good cardiovascular condition. Exercise is very important to improve mental well-being and prevent depression. It helps in creating a confident image with a high esteem. There are various types of workouts which one can perform like Aerobic exercises, Flexibility exercises and Anaerobic exercises. Physical exercises help in reducing the cortisol levels which help in maintaining physical as well as mental wellness.
BENEFITS OF WORKOUTS FOR WOMEN
- Exercise helps in controlling weight in women: When we perform physical exercise, we burn a lot of calories. The amount of calories burnt is directly proportional to the weight lost. Exercising doesn’t require any formal set up like a gym or so. It can be done in the convenience of a home too. Taking stairs instead of an elevator is a form of exercise too.
- Exercise helps in curing diseases: A good workout regime helps in maintaining a good cardiovascular health. It helps in reducing the triglyceride levels. Workout helps in boosting the good cholesterol. It protects against various diseases like cancer, arthritis, Type 2 diabetes and stroke.
- Exercise helps in mental wellness: Exercising helps in elevating mood and keeping away depression and anxiety syndromes. The brain charges itself from exercising and feels happy and high. One feels good about the self image and appearance which gives greater confidence.
- Exercise helps in better sleeping: when you are tired after a heavy workout regime, it helps in sleeping better. Exercise helps in bringing happiness and contentment in life which in turn promoted better sleep cycle.
- Exercise has a positive impact on the sex life: Exercise helps in keeping body in shape, which increases the confidence in women. Women are more aroused after regularly indulging themselves in workouts.
- Exercise brings high energy and social connectivity: Exercise helps in boosting the energy levels and it becomes really a fun activity when done along with friends or family.
- Exercise and osteoporosis: A daily exercise routine can lower the risk of osteoporosis by increasing the spinal mineral density through weight training.
TYPES OF HOME WORKOUTS
- Climbing the stairs: One of the best home workouts is climbing stairs. Instead of taking an elevator, choose to climb the stairs. Climb up the stairs and come back. This can be repeated and slowly the endurance levels can be increased.
- Doing the laundry: Laundry is a considerable amount of household chore. Carrying the basket full of clothes is a heavy exercise and can be performed by following a number of repetitions of holding it up and then down. This type of exercise tones the neck, arm and shoulder muscles.
- Crunches and abs: One doesn’t need an expensive membership of a gym centre to perform these exercises. Crunches can easily be done at home. While doing crunches one should not sprain the neck muscles and instead put a cushion, if required. Do three reps of fifteen crunches at a normal pace. Next, you will turn onto your side, with your upper back and shoulders still facing upward and perform the same crunches on both the sides. This will help in reducing the love handles.
- Chair presses: Sit on any chair along with a desk. Pull yourself towards the desk with your arms and then push yourself back by the strength of the arms. This will work out the biceps and triceps muscles.
- Push ups: Push ups help in building up the chest and the bicep muscles. These types of exercises provide with strength and endurance and help in increasing the body resistance.
- Workout videos: Many workout videos are available which can be watched on a computer or television. Select a calm area in your home. Put a mat in place and start watching and learning the workout videos. This will help you to work out different types of body muscles like arms, legs, chest, abdomen, shoulder and back.
- Couch kicks: You can work out your thigh and gluteus muscles by using your couch as a piece of exercise equipment. Stand up facing the couch, with one of the couch arms in front of you. Bend forward, supporting your weight on the arm of the couch. Keep your head down so that you do not put stress on your neck muscles. Kick your right leg back, so that the bottom of your foot is parallel to the ceiling, and then bring it back.
- Dancing: Turn on your favorite tunes and start shaking your legs on it. Dancing is a great way of exercising at home and it also acts as a stress-buster. It burns calories as well as is an entertaining method of exercise.
Walking at home or in neighborhood areas is the easiest way of working out your body. It is a simple and an always possible form of exercise. Try to walk for at least twenty minutes. Workout at home is really beneficial for busy women who cannot spare their time to go to gym because of various family issues. It saves time and helps women to take care of their bodies. Even working women can do simple exercises at the comfort of their home or in their respective offices. Workouts at home can save time, money and energy.
About the Author:
The article is written by Jefferey Smith, he has a passion to keep his life fit and healthy, he has been doing various workouts which helps to improve body and mind, his exceptional knowledge makes him a keen writer, to know how to get ripped fast and to know about the writer himself visit Get This Ripped.