If you love cheesy potatoes and you love sausage, you will love this dish. What is great about this dish is that it is not the side dish, but the main entree! If your short on time and don’t want to spend the extra time it takes to make and bake both the main dish and the side dish, then this is for you.
Another great thing about this dish is that you can buy the smoked sausage, cheese and the potatoes and keep them in your fridge for a decent amount of time before they need to be used. This allows you to enjoy this as a go to meal on those nights when you are low on groceries and can’t get to the store. Both the smoked sausage and potatoes are both fairy inexpensive and make for a reasonably priced meal.
Your kids will especially love this meal. Enjoy!
- 1 Hillshire Farm Beef or Turkey Smoked Sausage
- 2 Large Potato’s
- 1 Large Onion
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Bag of Shredded Cheese (16 oz)
- Cooking Spray
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Parsley (fresh or dried)
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Get mix ready:
- - dice onions into small pieces
- - dice sausage into small bite-sized pieces
- -cut potato’s into thin slices (disks)
- -Cheese (salt/pepper to taste)
- Before putting the top layer of cheese on, drizzle ½ cup milk over layered mix gently so as to keep everything in place
- Fill top layer with cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Remove aluminum foil. Continue baking for another 10-20 mins. depending on your oven to brown the cheese and finish cooking the potato’s all the way through.
- Poke potato’s with a fork to see if done. Fork should slide in smoothly and out again smoothly.
- Sprinkle Parsley over the top (fresh or dried is okay, the remaining heat will carry over and cook the Parsley).
Pam Buttikofer is a co-founder of Imperfect Women. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband of 36 years and enjoys spending time with her husband, sons and her lovable pups.